cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single column string table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to return a single column internal table of type string through a RFC Function Module. I want to know how can i specify the type, when defining in the 'Tables' parameter ??

I have used 'STRING_TABLE' as the associated type in defining 'Tables' export parameters. Though the syntax check goes fine, it gives me an err saying 'In RFC only structured line categories are allowed' at the time of activation.

Any help ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just move your declaration to export parameter

mytab type string_table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your replies. Basically, the problem was that whatever structure type is declared should have flat types i.e. basic data types of ABAP. So, i had to declare a new 'Z' structure which had a component of type 'char'. It seems that type 'string' is not identified as flat type.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Try type 'STANDARD TABLE'.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

Try with this Associated type LIKE 'MCSLINE'

and please check attributes in DDIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesn't work out. Any other way to achieve this ?

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

have you tried using the BAPI Browser? While editing your BSP page select <i>Goto->BAPI Browser</i>. You can then either browse for the RFC-enabled function module or just type it in directly by clicking the "<i>Direct entry</i>" button.

This will generate ABAP code for both the data typing and a sample call of the function module that you can copy and paste into your BSP application.

Cheers

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FM ..while defining table try to leave associated type as blank..

then activate..

but I'm not sure...