Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read the program line by line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can one please let me know, how to read the program line by line,

it meanas.. if there is any hard code elements or write statements these have to be read and comparion should be done whether these r in englilsh language or not?

text message also have to be readed, these can be in other langugae also..

the exact requirement is each and every word i have to compare with the german words.. suppose there is a possibility like

write : ' SAP HELP and one gernam word ' in this case i should be able to idetify the german word ..

my entire program has to be compared with german language, if there is any german word that should be displayed in the out put saying that This is german word 'XXXX'.

my logon on langugage is ENGLISH ONLY this should not be changed from ENGLISH TO GERMANY .. please let me know if any body has idea..

Client requriement is ' one of our german clinet is merged with UK client, but german client has developed SAP this clent has some of the write statements and text elements in GERMANY, since now it is merging with uk client he does'nt want it in GERMANY. HE wants to know what r the program have german words in it and what r those .so that he can change it easliy..

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the syntax READ REPORT to read the abap program line by line.

I really dont know why are u using this approach for language translation. Since there are many words in german like as many words in english and u cannot search for them.

Instead search for "write".

All write statements alone can be checked and if they are hardcoded use the text elements and replace it. Now in the text elements properties go for translation and translate it to appropriate language as u like it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for text-elements use:

READ TEXTPOOL prog ... INTO itab ... LANGUAGE lg.

-> look F1

for write-command use abap RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN

A.

Message was edited by:

Andreas Mann

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

That's fun!

I never heard of a programmatical approach to this.

You can read programs using READ and F1, look at READ - Read a program .The same applies for text elements: READ - Read text elements.

The real problem will be to identify german words: Even if you have a complete german dictionary including all conjugation and declination and compare every word found it still won't recognize abbreviations of all kind.

Also, many SAP standard programs have comments in German language...

It will be easier to do sample tests and corrections and have the uesers report any abnormalities and correct them on request.

You may scan programs for specific text strings using report RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN.

Regards,

Clemens