cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish a relation between my User and Position and his BP number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had problem like for about 157 users, where the SU01 data for the user have got vanished , but they still exists in organization structure with their Position (S) and thier BP number.

So if I created a user again with the same Id and could I be able to assign the New User to old BP number and old Position?

Is there any work arroun on this please suggest?

if so how to go about it?

Best Regards,

Sairam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>How you are creating your users?</u>

<b>USERS_GEN or Manager Users in manager's webpage?</b>

When you give org unit for assignement SRM creates position (S level) , BP (or CP for SRM 5.0 onwards) and user (US level) automatiocally.

<b>Prerequisite - SU01 user should be existing in EBP and not locked.

User records are stored in table BUT000. Hence take a closer look at this table.

The quick, easy and dirty way to do this is to manually add the relation in transaction PP01 in SRM.</b>

To achieve this select your position:

Object type: Position

Object ID: your_pos

Now select the relations entry and push F5 (create infotype)

In the following screen put in the following:

Relationship type/relationship A 008

Type of related object User

ID of the related object your_user_id

Priority

Weighting 100 % (or 0%) don't remember which one, a warning may be displayed that the weighting is bigger than 100%.

You can check the relationships for a correct user and imitate those ;).

<b>You should take into account that the solution I gave is one you should only use if you can't resolve the problem in any other way, this will just dumbly create the relationship between the two without checking anything.</b>

<u>First try to use transaction - users_gen or any other method like adding the user to the position again using ppoma_bbp or ALE distribution (if you have that setup).</u>

Update:

Maybe a better way to do this (just found this one out).

1. Go to transaction BP in the SAP Gui.

2. Enter your BP number for the person.

3. Select "Internet User".

4. Go to the tab "internet user".

5. Select the SU01 user in the USER field.

<b>Save and check in pposa_bbp if the user is correct now.</b>

<u>Related link -></u>

Pls use FM BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_USER_FROM_POS to get users given a position.

Ofcourse, you can also check in PPOMA_BBP; Find by position.

Also, you can use the FM "BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_USER_FROM_POS".

<u>Other useful links -></u>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

If your user assignment is still present in Org structure, SRM will not allow you to reassign the same user ID.

We had done this with a custom program.

Delete the data in table BUT000

and then reassign

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dinesh/Atul,

Thanks for your reply,

Let me explain you clearly. all the 157 user in our org structure got deleted with thier SU01 data in system, This has happened because there is a CUA where the centraly SU01 data will be deleted.

in the CUA if we go to the SU01 transaction there will be tab called system, where in we will specify the logical system name, so from there if the logical system name is deleted then child system which is associated with the CUA sol system will also loose the SU01 data inculding roles.

but where as the users are existing in the orgstucture with their BP numbers and their positions not with the user linked to the BP number.

So to restore back the relation we need to specify the logical system name in the CUA system and then need to create the user in the child ssystem i.e in production and then after creation of the user we need to link this user with the Old BP number and old position left out in the org sturcture.

Hope I am clear. please clarify me?

one doubt ? if we delete the entries in the BUT000 hope that might delete the BP number also am i worong if so please correct me?

my only worry is the data should not be recreated with new BP numbers, we should make use the old data.

please suggest

Best Regards,

Sairam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Ram,

Since you have all the Old BP numbers, you can recreate the relationship in two ways:

Manually:

<b>1.) Goto Trx BP and pick the BP number to which you need to assign the User Name.

2.) After selecting the BP number, select the Display in BP role on top and select the role Employee.

3.) Click on the "Identification" Tab and you should be able to see the User Name Field.

4.) Click on change and populate your releavant User ID.</b>

This should fix your problem manually. Now since you have about 157 Users in the same situation and if this problem is likely to occur in the future, it is worthwhile building a program that can automatically update the above steps mentioned. If you need further help opr hints on doing the above programatically, please let me know !

Pls assign points for usefull answers !

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Thanks a lot, It did worked out, I am able to to assign the BP with user and Position now.

Best Regards,

Sairam.