Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field_exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai gurus,

how can i get fieldexit datalements

any t .code is there for fieldexit dataelements

plz give some data

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188829
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data element of that perticular field only..ie what the field you are validating..

Message was edited by:

Vishnu Reddy

0 Kudos

hai

i want fieldexit dataelement for MATNR

using RSMODPRF creating one field exit for dataelement MATNR

it will go to se37 functionmodule i write source code

then activate that dataelement where to go

plz help me

0 Kudos

after activating the function module activate the fields exit in the RSMODPRF's list of exits..

execute RSMODPRF without giving any element name... you'l get list of field exits...

select your exit.. and activate it...

Field Exit > Activate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

<b>Field Exits:</b> Field exits take you from a screen field with a data element reference to a function module. Field exits can be either global or local.

Field exit function modules adhere to the following naming convention:

prefix: FIELD_EXIT_

name: <data element name>_

suffix (optional): 0 to 9, A to Z

Global field exits are not limited to a particular screen. If a global field exit's data element is used on multiple screens, you will branch to a function module from all of these screens once the exit has been activated. Here you can, for example, edit the contents, force a new entry to be made by outputting an error message, or prohibit certain users from proceeding further.

Local field exits are valid for one screen only. If you assign a screen from a specific program to the data element, then you will only branch to a function module from this screen once the exit has been activated. To be able to allow different functionality on different screens referring to the same data element, you can assign exit numbers to data elements. Each exit number refers to a different function module.

prefix: FIELD_EXIT_

name: <data element name>_

suffix (optional): 0 to 9, A to Z

Field Exits – It is triggered at field level.

It is attached at data element

Specific to one screen only or to all the screen where field appears.

Field exit is not allowed in SAP version 4.7 and above .