cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer: Nested Exception. No_authority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a VC model with two BI queries. The output from one query is the input for the other one. When I test the model I am getting the following error:

Cannot execute BW query: Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested exception. No_authority: Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. No_authority.

Does anybody know what authorizations I am missing. I can view both queries in Bex with the same user so I presume it may be a visual composer/portal problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swapnilkulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

What about your back-end connectivity? Is it SSO?

or check whether it is a wrong mapping which is causing the trouble...

How are you passing the variable values to second query?

regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Think it may have something to do with the eventing. My backend connectivity is working fine. I can see each BI query normally through the portal, its just when i try it with connecting the two. I am using the signal out, signal in to connect the iViews.

For portal to BI the users are mapped.

any other ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.

swapnilkulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

For eventing, I suppose you are passing the <i>selected values</i> to 'signal' (which is of type signal out) using the 'select' event and then from 'signal' (which is now of type signal-in) you give these values to second query for second output. For VC 7.0 these iViews needs to be in same model. If this is what you have done, from my perspective this is correct and should work. I tried similar thing at my end on SAP NW 7.0 (VC) SPS 12.

The other way, connecting second query directly to the output port of the result table of first query and mapping the event as 'select' and the necessary field mapping for variables, also works fine.

Now if its other than this, i would really like to know and if you could post a dummy model similarly modeled as your original one, that would be gr8.

Also, make sure that you are passing the variable values to the query in proper format. You can check this by running the query in BEx. In the next iView check whether signal-in connector is giving the value(you can use expression boxes to check this)

with best regards,

Swapnil

Message was edited by:

Swapnil Kulkarni

Answers (0)