cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended classic scenario triggered on company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have a system with SRM 5.0. I would like to have both classic and extended classic scenario, I know that it is possible to activate extended classic only for a product category with BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI , but my question is: Is it possible to activate it for a company code? If yes, is it with the same BADI ?

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the only badi to control the scenario, extended or classic. The standard import structure in the badi doesn't contain the company code.

But there is a move corresponding from the item data (bbp_pds_sc_item_d) to the badi structure (BBPS_EXTPO_BADI) just before calling it. So just extend the badi structure with the field you need like the company code and you can control the scenario based on a company.

Rgds,

Pierre

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Before talking about de-activating ECS or not in this BADI, this scenario must first be activated.</u>

This is done via the customizing point "Activate ECS": just flag the check-box, and all you classic items (i.e. those for which a backend has been determined) become extended classic.

Here is the SRM - IMG path:

<b>SRM Server --> Cross-Application Basic Settings --> Activate Extended Classic Scenario.</b>

You can then fine-tune the scenario by using the BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI.

Note- The BADI BBP_EXTLOCAL_PO_BADI can be used to activate the classic scenario based on the proguct categories .

<u>You can choose to have the 3 scenarios working on the same SRM system depending on product category (standard) or any other business rule through the BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI. The BADI is mandatory if you want the Classic and the Extended Classic to work together</u>

<u>Exactly, this BADI allow you to implement your own business rule for backend determination in a multiple Backends environment (Standard customizing is only based on Product categories)</u>

As soon as you use BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI , you don't have to use the ECS scenario activation customizing point (the rule is overwritten with the BADI result). The BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS will only help in your case, if you have several Backend where to create PO documents.

<u><b>PS: be aware that in ECS scenario you will no longer be able to create PR or reservations in R/3.</b></u>

<u>Other related links -></u>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul