Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group of approvers?

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it any functionality in SRM to create list of approvers?

Business case would ie. be that for a p group a group of 4 given users can approve shopping carts. All 4 of theses users would get the item in their inbox, and the SC would be approved by the first person that accessed the list

rgds

GAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GAR,

If you have activated one step approval WF for SC and if there are multilple approvers at the same level all these would be assigned as agents for approval.

This is a standard behaviour. i.e if org is like follow

Dept

Manager 1

Manager 2

Manager 3

User 1

User 2

When any of user1 or user 2 creates a SC it will be forwarded to all 3 managers 1,2 and 3

and once any one of these approves it will be released from inboxex of other 2 also.

Do you need diff behaviour than this ?

BR

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GAR,

another simple approach is to assign approval agents to the relevant workflow tasks.

For example, if you assign role SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER as an approval agent to the workflow task responsible for approval (e.g. TS10008127), all users with this role get the workflow item in their inbox.

Regards,

Karsten

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks guys, this is good input and I think I will be able to meet business requirements with one of these solutions

I have another question:

When you create a shopping cart, you can replace the default approver. However, when you use the "find" button, I get more or less all users in the system, independent of if that have authoriztion to approve my cart or not. This is not very user friendly I think.

How can I controll what's visible through the "find" button?

rgds

GAR

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all the code that is used when you click on the button 'FIND" is handled by BASIS and not with SRM.

system will just search for the search string given , and result is shown.

please refer function module -->

call function 'SO_NAMES_GET'

exporting

user = l_search_user

• INTERN_USER = 'X'

extern_address = ' '

• USE = ' '

suppress_dialog = 'X'

tables

user_tab = lt_user_tab

exceptions

office_name_not_exist = 0

parameter_error = 0

sap_name_not_exist = 0

user_not_exist = 0

x_error = 0

not_associated_to_sapoffice = 0

others = 0

this is the function module used to find the approvers.

Just select --> FUNCTION GROUP -->BW02 and you will the code used.

Message was edited by:

khan voyalpad usman

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for input!

rgds

GAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Yes this is possible and fully supported by the standard.

Without BADI, the system will find all purch groups responsible for you and your product category. If more than one purch group found, the requestor will have to choose one in the purch group drop down list box. The default one selected in this list by the system is the closest one to the user in the org structure.</u>

SRM can propose several purch group during SC item creation, and your BADI can control it, but one and only one can be assigned to this SC item.

To get this feature in SOCO, this would require to scan all SC items and redetermine dynamically the purch group list for each SC item, and match it against connected buyer's purch group !!!!!

<u>You can use the n-step dynamic workflows i.e.HEADER Level approval workflow (WS14000133) or ITEM level worklfow (WS14500015) for determing the approvers based on categories like prod category/cost centre etc..You can code the logic for determing the approvers in the BADI "BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI".</u>

(Inside Method if_ex_bbp_wfl_approv_badi~get_remaing_approvers)

<b>Also refer the foll link for more info :-</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/17/40a86c773d6c41801d78af1a34b90f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/17/40a86c773d6c41801d78af1a34b90f/content.htm

<u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simplest way is to assign substitues. You can assign the substitute is from the approval screen. Add the substitues and form a group of users as required. When SC is saved , the workflow will trigger and work item will be present for all the groups. The first person can approve the SC.

<b>Here you have option of making a particular substitute active /passive</b>. So whenever you dont want particular user among the grp not to approve the SC you can make it passive.

Reward suitable points for helpful anwser