cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra Label unable to Print Underscore _ Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am try to pass in a value with underscore '_' to the bar code, but it is not able to interpret but neglected the sign.

Example: Value passed in Date Code: AT_JK-IU

But the barcode printed as ATJK-IU <<< without the underscore.

I am not sure if it is the limitation or some setting I need to configure in the Zebra BAR-ONE Software I am using.

Information:

Printer Model: 105SL

Using Smartforms to import the converted LBL to print.

Thanks in Advance.

LIM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva

for the information and resource,

I've managed to print out the zebra correctly but my question is:

I am unable to print the sign '_' UNDERSCORE when it was passed to convert to Barcode.

Is that a limitation or any setting needs to be configured ?

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see this link you will get idea of what is barcodes and use

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/questions-about-bar-code-printing-in-sap.htm

Steps to implement bar code in the smart form:

1. Create a Smart Style: Use the transaction code smart style. Give a suitable name .Choose Create.

2. Create a Character Node: In change mode of the Smart Style select the Character Formats Node and choose Create. In the Character format field enter a two-character key. Click Continue.

3. Select desired attributes of Bar Code: Select the desired attributes of the Bar Code on the tab Standard Settings.

4. Choose Activate.

5. Use the Smart style in the Smart form: Assign the character format to the field or character string in the smart form.

6. Activate the smart form.

7. Test the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/68/4a0d5b74110d44b1b88d9b6aa1315b/content.htm

option to change:

1. You define your barcode type in SE73 (-> "System bar codes" -> Change).These definitions contain attributes like length and width but they are for information only.

2. Next you assign your barcode type to a device (-> "Printer bar codes" -> Change). In this assignment you put two "print control" names prepared before.

"Print control" is a sequence of binary data recognized by the device. One of the print controls that you specify in assignment "barcode type -> device" is sent to a device before printing the barcode, the other is sent after printing.

The print control sent before printing should contain some device-specific instruction for setting the width and height of the barcode. See your device manual for details.

To prepare a control sequence use transaction SPAD -> DeviceTypes tab -> DeviceTypes button -> choose your device (doubleclick) -> "Print Controls" tab.

Regards,