cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl click event in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I use the onLeadSelect action to do some action if an item in a table is clicked.

Now in the same action I want to check if there are multiple items selected in the table:

wdContext.node<Bla>.isMultiple ....

But offcourse the user can select multiple items in a table with holding the Ctrl-key down. In the table you'll see the row marked yellow insteadof orange.

But if the user select row like this, the eventing never occurs???

Is there still a way to do the check then if there are multiple rows selected > while selecting row (i mean the same event).

I'm using NWDS 2.0.16

Thnx!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use wdContext.node<Your Node>().iterateSelectedElements()

Ex:

wdContext.nodeA().iterateSelectedElements()

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx for your answer but it is not so much that I don't know how to iterate through my Items and find out wich items are selected.

Its more that the whole event isn't executed while a user is doing a Ctrl-click in the table???

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no server roundtrip involved when changing the multi-selection and you cannot catch this in an action handler. But you can use some other action e.g. assigned to a toolbar item or button to check the multi-selection.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thnx i allready was expecting that.

Strange that it's not allready implemented like that. Because the Ctrl-click doesn't do a "real" selection within the WebDynpro framework but somehow it still knows if the node is multiselected or not.

Thnx anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Small correction: It makes a server roundtrip but only a system-internal one.

Armin