cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenation in Import manager(MDM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL ,

I want to concat or merge my 3 fields of my Qualified table during Import manager and then map it to one field in my destination table .Please help me in that .

Ex.Name /Country/City into a destination field Info

Thanks and Regards.

Ankit Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ankit,

If there is only one non-qualifier in a scenario, then the Compound field is not created and direct one to one mappings suffice.

If in your qualified table, you have more than one Non-qualifier, then only in Import manager, you will find Compound filed active.

hope this may help you,

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,i have made two no qualifrs in my table.the copound field icon is active but it is giving no option to choose.so now what i shd do.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

The requirement that you have to merge three fields together in the Import manager can be done by methods.

1)Compound field creation

2)Partioning

1)Compound field:

A compound field will only be created if you map all the exsisting fields in the source side with the fields in the destination side.

For qualified table mapping this is the requirement that if you want to create a compound field you must make sure that all the fields are mapped in the source side.Then when you right click on the non qualifier it will create a compound field and automatically map it with the required field.

2)Partitioning:

You can also use partitioning to merge three fields together.

just click the desired field in the source hierarchy and click the partioning button in that dialog box select all the fields that you want to club under one field.

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

If you create a compound field, automatically it will mapped to a corresponding Destination field.

--> in the source fields you slect one filed (price) and right click, in the context menu you select compound field( sales data ), the newly created compound field will be automatically mapped to Price field in the destination.

hope this may help you.

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go through this blog, it will help you,

/people/pooja.khandelwal2/blog/2006/03/29/taming-the-animal--qualified-tables

hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,i have gn thru that but i want to knw wat is the type of destination fld shd be.srry fr that mch truoble

Thanks

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

create a compound filed, for name and country, and by using this compound filed and city make another compound filed.

The resultant compound field is having three fileds. and map this to destination field.

Hope this may help you,

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir ,

When i try to make them compound field options are greyed out

so please tell me how to do that.

Thanks and regards

Ankit Jain

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

an alternative would be using the "Partition Field/Value" tab. Therefore you need to select the first field, then switch to the tab. Now you'll see a field list ("Source PArtition -> Available Fields") where you can choose and add your other fields. Then mark all fields in the "Partition by" column and click on "Combine". Note that you can define a delimiter for combining. IM will create a new combined field for you that you can use in mapping.

BR Michael