Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email from batch job

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to send the report output from a SAP Query (SQ01) to a email address.

If the output format of my report is in ABAP List, the htm file i receive in my inbox is formatted correctly. However, if my report is in ALV format, then the attachment in my inbox contains pernr in all columns i.e., all columns are nod displayed with the actual data but rather, with the first column repeated 8 times.

Can anyone help resolve this issue.

Alternatively, is it possible to create an excel attachment from the job sceduler (SM36) and send that in email?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send the output spool of the completed job.

For this select the job and click on the spppl button. Now goto the menu spool request and select Forward-> send using SAP office.

Make sure that the recipient also have a valid mail id maintained in the user master (SU01) as INT type.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

0 Kudos

Actually, the idea was to automate the dispatch of email. It should go out automatically every month w/o human intervention.

Did manage to do that. It's just that when the report output format is alv, the email attachment contains just one column. I was wondering what the reason for this is and if there is a remedy.

thanks