Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in Internationalization Application

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have an Application where i need to change the language depending on the Language selected (for which i have 2 buttons English and German).

I have also created 2 different <b>.xlf</b> files for both English and German.

But the problem is every time I run the application I need to change the Language in my Browser and then deploy the Application (i.e. change the language to English and deploy and German and deploy again).

Is there any way to change the language dynamically rather than changing through the browser because its quite cumbersome to change the language in the browser every time i deploy the application.

Is there any way that i can use the generated <b>.xlf</b> dynamically through code for switching languages.

Plz let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Poojith MV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change the locale at runtime.

Locale.setDefault(Locale.FRANCE);

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyappa,

Thanks for the Reply. I tried using the piece of code which u gave me.

On click of <b>English</b> Button i have written <b>Locale.setDefault(Locale.US);</b> and

On click of <b>German</b> Button i have written <b>Locale.setDefault(Locale.GERMANY);</b>

but there is no change in the output yet. I am still not able to get it in the German Language. Also have added german in the Internet Explorer settings.

In the <b>.xlf</b> file also i have changed the language to german and changed the text from english to german.

Plz let me know how to proceed?

Thanks and Regards

Poojith M V