cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking,,,,,,,,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fnds,

If i have a stock then only i can send the Goods to customer....am i right?

Then,firest will i do picking next Delivery,,,,,,,Why in SAP firest delivery then Picking?

If i do picking then delivery wot will happen in background.....firest is it possible?

becose my client creating delivery with reference to picklist?

Correct me

Regards

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Picking is done only when we now what has to be picked. Likewise even SAP should know wht is has to be picked and from where it has to do (say for example from which plant and the storage locaiton) and also the quantity that has to be delivered.

Hence we create a delivery saying that this material with this quanity from this plant/storage location has to be picked.

But there isa possiblity for the variation in the qty picked from that of the requirements thats the reason there is a seperate process called picking where we mention how is picked for the delivery.

Hope this would be very clear

With regards

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Logically speaking, you are right, that Delivery cannot be done without Picking goods.

But as far as SAP sales cycle process is concerned, SAP recommends you to create an Outbound delivery document (goods are not physcially delivered at this stage) first, just to know the list of goods that have to be picked from the warehouse.

And then once the packing and picking are done at the warehouse level........Actual Delivery is carried out (like loading on to the truck i.e. physcial delivery of goods).

Then only you do the PGI (VL02N)..............which means that the goods have been actually delivered to the customer. Only after the PGI is done, stock quantity in your system is reduced, which is the actual delivery.

Hope its clear for you this time.

<b>REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL.</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Picking is basically if your stock is warehouse managed then you can do this activity.

During delivery creation warehose is coming from cofig. settings into delivery,by take thsi only we can do picking,without warehouse,plant and delivery doc. you cannot do picking.

for this reason we need to delivery fisrt and then picking.

Hope it is claer now.

Reward if it helpful.

Regards,

Chandra