cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many ABAP clients(mandt) possible in XI ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

How many ABAP clients(mandt) are possible in XI , I have heard it is Only 1... but noy sure about this ..

Kind regards

Goutam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify one point ,

ABAP clients means ABAP client of XI server ...

yes , it is true XI can intergration no of of ABAP cpinets for any SAP sytems

regards

Goutam

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

you want to ask how namy clients of XI is possible.

Acc. to me... XI clients can be more than one.

But, In SLD there is one Web As ABAP system for XI as well which points to one particular client for XI system and it can't be more than 1.

every time you create a scenario - in SLD you link this client ..i.e. related integration server.

and in ID you link it with adapter engine in comm. channel.

Sachin

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

you can have as much clients as you want. But only one can act as Integration Server, the others are acting as application systems, there is no difference to "normal" SAP-ERP-systems. You define the Integration Server at transaction SXMB_ADM / Integration Engine Configuration and at SLD, role of Business System.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

<i>How we can make sure that it talks to clinet 800 not 801)..</i>

we are using the Business sytems to configure the sceanrio.Which Business systems are involved in scenario as a sender or receiver. If you mentioned BS of 800 client it will talks to that client only.

<i>For eaxamle supose in ABAP stack there is data in custom table in cline t 800 not 801. I am using the look-up via JCO connection</i>

IIf u made the look up via JCO connection to 801 client, and the table is not maintained then u r interface shown the erorrs.If the table is exisitng u will get the required info and your sceanrio works fine.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many ABAP clients(mandt) possible in XI ???

actually i never come across this kind of situtation ........but as far as my knowledge there may be more than one ABAP clients .......but it depends on the type of requrement of the project .........but not one abap client ........i think.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Goutam,

<i>How many ABAP clients(mandt) are possible in XI</i> ?

it depends upon with how many clients you have to integrate.

<i> I have heard it is Only 1...</i>

there is no limitataion as such.... there can be more than one client but each client should refer to a technical system.

and each business system can have only 1 technical system.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera ,

I have got ur point , but Question is ..in rutime how Java Stack will communicate to ABAP stack (How we can make sure that it talks to clinet 800 not 801)..

For eaxamle supose in ABAP stack there is data in custom table in cline t 800 not 801. I am using the look-up via JCO connection .. Do you not think , this short of scenario will be hard to tackle ???

Kind regards

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats why we r using Business Sytem.Whic maps the appropiate client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

In ABAP a no of client may present depeding upon the requirement.

XI can push data to any client of ABAP and also can pull data from any Client of ABAP.But there should have correcsponding Business System.

Suppose R/3 has two client 100 and 110.u have to creat2 2 Business System ..for eg. BS_100 and BS_110.U can configure these business systems in ID..which will act as sender/receiver system .

Is that u want... or u r talking about some thing else???

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

You can have diffrent ABAP clients in XI.Suppose let me say 800,801,810. For these 3 clients you can create 3 Business Systems in XI and do the integratino from 3 clients. Usevally in real time projects all ABAP developments are done in one client ( say 810) and testing of those developments will done from other client(Say 801).

Suppose you have done some O/B proxy in ABAP client 810 and testing that proxy from client 801. here u need to maintain neccesssary connections between Client 801 to Integration of XI.Similarly if u want to triggering some Idoc from R3 to XI , then u need maintain the necessary ALE connections from Client 801 to IS of XI.

This is the main fact in XI we will have one ABAP client only.

Hope you will understand this.

Cheers

Veera

>>>Reward points, if it is needful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

Definitely you can define more than one client in XI.

I have not heard of any limitation, but it depends on you disk resources and requirement.

- Pinkle