cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the configuration manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a WebDynpro project that uses a web service provided from a third party software. The web service connection requires a username and password.

I was looking how to place a property file that can hold the username and password, independent of the sca file used to deploy the webdynpro application.

I researched over the internet, and found out that this is possible by using a configuration manager. Im kinda clueless where this configuration manager is? how to put properties to it, and read the properties to a webdynpro DC project.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

regards,

arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a property File in the folder

src\Components\<ComponentName>, via the navigator in the NetWeaver Developer studio.

To access

// access the deployable object part of the application you are currently in.

WDDeployableObjectPart currentAppPart = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

// access the property file under the deployable object part.

IWDConfiguration cicConfig = WDConfiguration.getConfigurationByName (currentAppPart, "<name of property file>");

// get the string value of the property.

String cssKeyValue = cicConfig.getStringEntry ("<key of the property sheet>");

Rebuild and deploy the application. The property file of your application is created as a property sheet in:

Visual Admin-Configuration Adapter/webdynpro/local/<project name>/Applications/<application name>/Property sheet.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a naming convention for the property file? I named the file as component.properties. It has two entries inside, username=test and password=test.

I deployed the DC Webdynpro project, but did not see any entries on the Propertysheet Properties folder.

Did I miss a step? I didn't code anything yet, since I want to see if the property file was successfully deployed.

Thanks.

regards,

arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

It worked. Thanks a bunch.

regards,

arnold

Answers (0)