cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recordsetsPerMessage in MessageTransformBean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using xml.recordsetsPerMessage = 1 in MessageTransformBean and in RWB i see an error like

java.lang.Exception: ERROR in structure conversion plain->xml configuration: message split not allowed here'

Has anyone tried using message split in MTB?

In my scenario XI is receiving a cp930 encoded file so I am using a custom module to add a LineFeed and also to convert the above file to UTF8. After that I am using MTB to convert the file to an XML file. Here my requirement is to send one recordset per message in XI. Please tell me if anyone faced a requirement to split messages in MTB. Any suggestions on this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Even I tried to do a similar scenario, but the error remains same

"nested exception caused by: java.lang.Exception: ERROR in structure conversion plain->xml configuration: message split not allowed here"

Any pointers to resolve the issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am also using the module MessageTransformBean for txt to XML conversion.

It works well for xml.recordsetsPerMessage = * all records are available in one single PI message.

But it fails for xml.recordsetsPerMessage = 1 when tryint to get one single PI message per recordset.

The error message

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message: 'java.lang.Exception: ERROR in structure conversion plain->xml configuration: message split not allowed here'; nested exception caused by: java.lang.Exception: ERROR in structure conversion plain->xml configuration: message split not allowed here

any solution for this error?

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Though this has been few years ago, I remember that I got a reply like below from development:

>>>

This is correct, you cannot use the message split functionality together

with the message transform bean.

This is not a bug, this is the way how it works.

So we have changed the design of the interface. Also FYI (You might be knowing this already) the same functionality works fine in Content Conversion. Is there any reason why you want to use MessageTransformBean.

Regards,
Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer,

thanks for your reply.

I know that it should work with normal FCC and therefore I am suprised by the feedback of develeopment that it works as designed.

The reason for using this functionality through module MessageTransformBean is that my scenario requires further logic (correction of CRLF) which is done through own developed module as predecessor of module MessageTransformBean.

Using normal FCC functionality is not possible anymore if you using additional modules and results in incorrect processing sequence.

This behaviour was told me by a colleague and not be tested myself.

So following you reply, we have to deal without separation?!

best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer,

by searching for a solution I found this thread mentioning that an additional parameter solved this problem, I gave it a try but was not successful.

xml.recordsetStructureOrder = var

any though on this?

Best regards

Jochen