Help regarding applying java patches through SDM
We have Netweaver 2004s system and i need to apply Java patches , i am doing it for first time. Please let me know whether my steps are correct.
I went to http://hostname:port/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo i get
Software Components all components...
Name Version Applied
<b>sap.com/SAP-JEECOR 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.0.20060306103300)
sap.com/SAP-JEE 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.0.20060306103300)</b> I want to upgrade to sp9 , is it like ABAP we have to go in sequence ?
If its correct then i need to download sp7 , sp8 and sp9 from OSS.
I went to service.sap.com\patches ->
Support Packages and Patches" SAP NetWeaver->SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S)" Entry by Component -> Application Server Java -> SAP j2ee engine 7.00 -> OS dependent ->
Now i have downloded SP07 for SAP J2EE Engine 7.00 , sp08 and sp0
<b>Is it the right patch i have downloaded ?</b> please let me know correct path.
<b>Procedure applying patch:</b>
Uncar the files,
1. Navigate to the install directory of the Portal C:\usr\sap\FP8\JC00\SDM\program.
2. Double-click StartServer.bat.
3. Double-click RemoteGui.bat to start the SDM
4. Choose the Connect button in the upper-left corner.
5. Enter the password for the SDM. This was set during the J2EE installation.
6. Choose the Deployment tab.
7. Choose the Add SCA/SDA to Deployment List button.
8. Add the SDA files that you downloaded and extracted in the previous step.
9. Select the arrow located in the bottom-right corner to expand the options and select the Update Deployed SDAs/SCAs that have any version radio button
10. Choose Next twice.
11. Verify all the SDAs that were chosen in the previous steps are located in the left pane. If all the SDAs are present, choose Start. If not, choose Back and repeat steps from step 7.
12. You will get success message Choose Confirm
13. Restart the J2EE system after the deployment
Please let me know if i am correct at earliest.If procedure of applying patch is fine and download path is wrong please let me know which patch require for Neweaver 2004s SP9 and where to find the same , is it need to applied in sequence as 7,8,9.
Looking forward for you cooperation.