cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage change of profit center in Material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material master of a number of materials were populated with wrong profit center. Transactions were also posted for a few years. Now we want to change the profit centers for some of the materials. These materials have inventory balances and is set for on line transfer to PCA. If we run 1KEH data is duplicated.

What is the best way to manage this change?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Sanjay,

Good Morning to you,

Regarding your thread the best and easy way to change the profit center is goto MM02 and give the material code and enter and goto Sales: General/plant and in down you can see the Profit Center XXXXX now you change it to YYYYY and save it. So, from now onwards what ever the postings you do the system will show the values in YYYYY - Profit center.

Hope you can solve your thread & for further clarrification feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

SAPUK.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that it is a good idea to change the profit center while there is inventory.

because then you will show inventory value at profit center A and will do future issue of this inventory from profit center B.

Issue your inventory with 201 movement to a cost center. change the profit center in material master. Reverse the issue with 202.

Only this way you ensure that the value in profit center A becomes 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me out

i am not able to change the profit center in material master because there was stock in previous period and currently there is no stock and if i try to change it then system throws the message that stock exist

i have checked in MMBE / MB52 there is no stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you get the solution? we meet the same problem now.