cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove mandatory "*" for a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is it configurable through portal to remove the red * that is displayed for mandatory fields? And when that is removed, will the validation also be automatically removed as well?

Thanks,

Zhenmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

From your replies, so can I confirm that for a standard field on ESS/MSS iView, if i just want to

- remove the * on the iView

- remove the mandatory validation

both of them would require customization and BOTH CANNOT be configurable through portal, is that correct?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES ZHENMIN,

If you want you can disable the field completely as I told you in my previous post. But can not modify its properties directly.

regards,

Siva

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You mentioned that the validation should be removed differently, as in not through NWDS but some other way? sorry, could u elaborate on this?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin,

One way to make disable the field is goto preview of the iView in Content Administration. CtrlShiftRight click in that preview. Here you can find the options to disable or invisible etc for each field. If this does not serve your requirement then you have to create a project in your NWDS (Hope NWDI is configured) and edit the fields' property settings. Hope this info is helpful.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

1 mandatory * which we'r trying to remove is e.g. ESS > Personal Info> Personal Data ..any fields with * there.

This process to remove should b the same for all standard iViews rite and does not differ base on different iViews isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zhenmin,

No its different because they are modelled differently.

The ESS iViews are web dynpro for java applications.

The others e.g. Login Page is a JSP, some may be servlets etc.

chinmaya_sahoo
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

Could you let us know whether u r asking for any default SAP feature or any of ur custom build application.

If u are asking about any webDynPro application you can modify this by opening the webDynPro application in NWDS and open the particular view.

Select the required field and edit the property of that filed.

Modify property of STATE from "Required" to "Normal".

Hope this will help if your problem is regarding webDynPro.

Cheers

Chinmaya

Reward points for helpful answers.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin,

In most cases, you need to change the setting to display/hide "*" in application level i.e. (in NWDS or R/3). The validation should be removed differently. See the action bound to that field. There you can find the validations.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you let me know which red star you mention? There are many mandatory fields across portal.

Anyways its not configurable youll have to do a customization.

And the validation will not be removed.

Hope this helps