cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic posting (BILLING)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL, concerning the revenues and the cost of goods sold, the normal process is:

Posting Goods Issue:

CR : Stock

DB : Cost of goods sold

Billing

CR : Revenue

DB : Customer

Now I dont want to record revenues unless a Proof of delivery is done, but that can be four weeks after the posting of goods issue, in this case we will have Costs only without revenue which is not allowed, so I thought about a different scenario:

Posting Goods Issue

CR : Stock

DB : Stock in Transit (New account)

Billing

CR : Stock in Transit

DR : Cost of Goods Sold

CR : Revenue

DB : Customer

is that possible in SAP and how it is implemented.

For the posting goods issue it is easy through the movement type with some modifications in the MM. But the major issue is during BILLING how I can adjust the stock in transit and the cost of goods sold automatically.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Is it possible for you to see the scernario in a different way?

Something like, do not create a billing document untill POD is received. As you must be aware POD can be set for Delivery item category or for a customer (in a customer master).

You can set some intermitant time for which the system waits for POD and after that time, if the customer does not respond POD is confirmed automatically and the document is released for billing or during that time the customer can confirm the receipt of delivery(through an IDoc), then the delivery is released for billing.

Creating the billing document via the billing due list is blocked until proof of delivery has been confirmed.

Check if this helps, you will not have to adjust the stock in transit and the other thing

Regards,

PATHIK

null