cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID-Alternatives to Handling Units in ERP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During inbound and outbound delivery in SAP ERP, the Ids identifying the items can are stored in Handling Units in ERP. Our customer at hand uses an SAP Industry solution where Handling Units are not supported.

My question is, are there other data containers in SAP ERP to store the required IDs which would be supported throughout all processes?

I do understand that through ERP customizing several ID types are mapped through bit offsets. What I do not understand is where this data ultimately is stored if a document is created and how this data container could be changed

Your support is highly appreciated!

Cheers, Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies, you put me on the right track. From the SAP documentation I understand that AII supports the following ERP ID types

- 0HU – Handling Unit

- 0LOC – Storage Location

- 0SN – Serial Number

- 0BTI - ?

This suggests to me that use of Handling Units are an option, not a must. Serial Numbers seems to be the other item level option to generate IDs in ERP (eg during creation of inbound delivery if my company generates the IDs).

I couldnt find out what 0BTI stands for - I suppose Batches?

Cheers & Thanks,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I agree to what Ashish has replied.

To add to his reply i would say that Flexible Delivery scenario is supported AII 4.0 onwards. AII 2.1 doesnt support Flexible Delivery scenario.

This is additional info.

Thanks and regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The EPC (IDs) information created in AII is stored in AII only. It is not sent to ERP system with the delivery information. Refer to tables /AIN/DM_OBJECT and AIN/DM_OBJ_CTX in AII where Ids are recorded. Document information is stored in table /AIN/DM_DOC.

Before flexible delivery scenario was intorduced by SAP, this information was stored in ERP in table AIDIDDATA. This has now been discontinued.

You can refer to flexible delivery scenario in service.sap.com/scm for more information on how delivery information is sent from ERP and the ASN is enriched with Ids from AII.

Hope this information helps.

PS: Reward points if helpful.