Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on creating a Query Developer Role for BW 3.5. Everything seems to work fine besides that it does not allow me to Publish a Report to BO"Business Objects" in transaction /crystal/rptadmin......... I can publish a report to a SAP Role and that works but I am keep getting error for no Authorization when I try to publish to BO........Su53 comes back successfull, Nothing comes up in Trace.......... but when I test it using SAP_ALL the error goes away............Does anybody know which objects needed to publish reports to BO. My roles does have S_USER_TCD with /crystal/rptadmin as well as S_USER_AGR, S_BDS_D, S_BDS_DS......

Thanks

Neha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

never worked with crystal reports but when I looked at the node defination for Crystal report, it appears to be SAP_BW_CRYSTAL. So I think you can try giving S_USER_TCD = SAP_BW_CRYSTAL. that might be the reason. not sure thou.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member

never worked with crystal reports but when I looked at the node defination for Crystal report, it appears to be SAP_BW_CRYSTAL. So I think you can try giving S_USER_TCD = SAP_BW_CRYSTAL. that might be the reason. not sure thou.

0 Kudos

Nope, it did not work and SAP_BW_CRYSTAl is neither a Transaction or a role

0 Kudos

you are right, its not a transaction, its a node defination.

S_USER_TCD detects node definations also not only transactions. you won't get it in f4 list. normally in the case of webtemplates , we have to mention S_USER_TCD = RRMX, SAP_BW_TEMPLATE(node defination) to not get into authorization issues during saving or publishing the webtemplates.

and I thought it would be the same for crystal reports and mentioned SAP_BW_CRYSTAL.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, I was reading this note 528853, and it said

"Make sure CRYSTAL-ADMINISTRATORS and the CRYSTAL_ENTERPRISE Roles are created in BW and the user is assigned to the CRYSTAL_ADMINISTRATORS role."

I tried to look up these roles in BW........I did not find none.............Do you have these roles created in your client..........or do you have any other objects in your Query Developer role besdies RS Class Objects?

0 Kudos

nope, we don't use crystal reports. and we don't have the crystal roles that are mentioned in the note.

besides the list of RS objects, i don't see much of objects . S_RFC, S_BDS_DS, S_USER_TCD, S_USER_AGR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a setting missing on the Crystel admin side, once he made the changes every thing worked,I did not have to change my role