cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping tools ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of my flows are <b>"IDoc -> file" or "file -> Idoc"</b>, and I need to manage several transcodification tables for different countries (I prefer a DDIC table to FixValue or Value mapping) and with an amount of Business systems (more than 300).

Before this week, I used <b>Graphical mapping</b>... but with some difficults to manage correctly several levels of IDoc segments. Graphical mapping is easy to use when there are one or two "0...unbound" segments but no more. And you cannot have an easy access to a DDIC (need to use an RFC in BPM).

Since I'm trying to use <b>abap mapping</b>... but with some difficults to manage correctly the creation of an "0..unbound" messages, in order to distribute them to one or several receivers. Abap mapping is esay to use when there is only one receiver (no management before a block "Multiline to single line"; and it is interresting for requests on DDIC tables (very easy). But it seems there is some differences between a testing with tcode "sxi_mapping_test" (thus in foreground ==> easy to debug) and with the execution of the scenario (thus in background ==> difficult to debug).

I don't know yet the XSLT mapping and the Java mapping (a complete one, not a java function inside graph mapping).

Inside XI 3.0, for such flows, is there a <b>mapping tool</b> which is better than the other with IDocs?

Regards.

Mickael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You will be far better off using the XSLT and its not that hard to learn. Please visit the site,

www.w3schools.com

You can download the third party program like Stylus Studio or XML Spy etc. They provide wizard and very good information about how you can use various tags and services available by the products.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

And with XSLT, is it possible to have an easy access to a database (e.g SQL requests on XI tables) ?

Mickael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can call Java programs from XSLT mapping.

So any lookups you can code in Java and call it from XSLT program.

Below is the link to know more on XSLT Mapping with Java Enhancement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7ef3003fc411d6b1f700508b5d5211/frameset.htm

There are couple of blogs on the same.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Satish