cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Model - Import RFCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question regarding importing RFCs while creating a Model.

I have, say 5 RFCs. 3 are Z*, <i>custom defined.</i> while the remaining 2 are BAPIs.

In this case, do i need to create two models? One containing custom Z* and the other containing the BAPIs.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Anjana R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats upto you, you can have one model with all 5 RFC or you can break into 2.

Raja T

Message was edited by:

Raja Thangamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

But at a time, I am able to choose just one application. I am not able to select RFCs from multiple applications.

I tried to select the RFCs through the Application Component Hierarchy option.

Please let me know how to proceed. Am I missing something?

Also, would it be best to use Custom Controllers while handling Models or can I go for the default Controller.

Thanks for your time.

Anjana R.

Message was edited by:

Anjana Raghav

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can again rite click on the model to add new RFCs.

use Re-import options, where you can add new RFC models.

Raja T

Message was edited by:

Raja Thangamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

One more question, Is there any criteria to decide on the number of models. Whats the best practise involved?

Also, do I need to go for custom controllers or can i use the default controller while dealing with Models. When I went through the forums, its mentioned that custom controller would be better. In that case, can i create two models and develop two custom controllers to deal with one model each.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Anjana R.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Is there any criteria to decide on the number of models. Whats the best practise involved</i>

--> usually, based on the functionality we group the model. For example, i haev sale order BAPIs & material master BAPIs. So i would create 2 model, one with Sales order BAPIs and other with Material master BAPIs.

<i>Also, do I need to go for custom controllers or can i use the default controller while dealing with Models</i>

Refer the below link which will explain when you shd go for custom controller.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/0dca942d9d1ca2e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Custom Controller</a>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Raja. I will look further into the Controllers part.

Your answers were very helpful.

Anjana R.

Answers (0)