cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would ask if there are general standard roles?

I mean a role allowing users to use all FI transactions, and just them? Another role for MM transactions....etc....

Do you know if such roles exist?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

SAP delivers some standard roles with the system. If you run PFCG and select on SAP*, you should get a list of these.

These roles are not delivered in an active state (no users have been assigned nor profiles generated). So what you should do is copy the SAP role to a Z role and make changes as needed.

To search for a role that has a particular transaction, run PFCG and click the 'Transactions' button (or run SUIM and select a role report as needed).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your help,

SAP indead delivers standard roles which allow to use some transactions you can see in SUIM,

but I want to choose a standard role which allows to use all on only FI transactions.

I don't know if there is such a standard role.

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Xavier.

There´s no fixed SAP delivered roles for all Fi Transaction (or Module_ALL).

What can you do. You can a new role create, and assign all FI transaction:

create new role - pfcg

enter no transaction name but copy menü with function "From SAP menu".

Then you can easily assign a branch of sap menu tree (for FI transaction).

I hope is useful.

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What will happen if I assign a role which hasn't a generated profile?

I made a test, and gave to a user some standard roles. They weren't be able to use their menu, but the transactions were avalaible.

So, what's the matter with the profiles.

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halle Xavier.

SAP Rollen are only intended as templates with examples for the authorization setting.

A role without a generated profile is not valid, authorisation are not taken in account in User master records. A Role can be used only if it´s associated to one profile.

What do you mean with generated profiles? A role has a generated profile if you generate it in pfcg after saving with almost one authorisation objekt: profile not empty, even if the authorisation objekt are inaktiv or not valued..

A user menu consists of the role menus of the assigned roles. But you can also define Area menü in SE43 (then in pfcg assign in roles).

What do you mean with: "They weren't be able to use their menu, but the transactions were avalaible."?

You can see in SU56 your actual authorisation, and check if a profile is activated. Check if you have already generdated profiles assigned, too. Maybe you take authorisation from profile of roles already generated and

assigned