what is groupe condition and how to use it??
Group Condition: You can use this is feature of a condition type to apply price or discount for a material based on common property.
Usage of this feature is to apply price / discount for a specific group of materials.
1. You maintained a discount based condition record fbased on material group ( = 01 for example). You maintained scales also.
1 - 10 Rs. 100.00
11 - 50 Rs. 105.00
51 - 150 Rs. 110.00 etc.
2. You are creating a sales order for a customer with five different items with different quantities as below
ITEM 1 - 25 No's
ITEM 2 - 3 No's
ITEM 3 - 12 No's
ITEM 4 - 27 No's
ITEM 5 - 62 No's
All the material is having the material group = 01.
3. While calculating the discount, because of this group condition, system add the quantities of items which have material group = 01. In the above example total quantity is = 109. System apply a discount of Rs. 110.00 to each item irrespective of the individual quantities.
4. If you have not activated the group condition feature, system determines the discount value based on individual item quantity which is as below.
ITEM 1 - 25 No's Rs. 105.00
ITEM 2 - 3 No's Rs. 100.00
ITEM 3 - 12 No's Rs. 105.00
ITEM 4 - 27 No's Rs. 105.00
ITEM 5 - 62 No's Rs. 115.00
5. Is it clear now. Just try a sales order and see the out come
Procedure to Test:
1. Create 3 materials. Maintain Material Group of each item is same.
2. Activate the condition type as a group condition.
3. Create a condition record for this condition type with scales.
4. Process a sales order for a customer with these three material with different quantities.
5. Check the outcome.