cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for Distributed TREX NFS vs cluster file systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement a distributed TREX, using RedHat on X64, but we are wondering which could be the best practice or approach to configure the "file server" used on the TREX distributed environment. The guides mention file server, that seems to be another server connected to a SAN exporting or sharing the file systems required to be mounted in all the TREX systems (Master, Backup and Slaves), but we know that the BI accelerator uses OCFS2 (cluster file systems) to access the storage, in the case of RedHat we have GFS or even OCFS.

Basically we would like to know which is the best practice and how other companies are doing it, for a TREX distributed environment using either network file systems or cluster file systems.

Thanks in advance,

Zareh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add one more thing, in my previous comment I assumed that it is possible to use cluster file system on TREX because BI accelerator, but maybe that is not supported, it does not seem to be clear on the TREX guides.

That should be the initial question:

Aare cluster file system solutions supported on plain TREX implementation?

Thanks again,

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

On RedHat, the use of Global File System provided by the OS is enough to have a distributed TREX configuration on 7.0, for 7.1, is not supported yet.

Zareh