Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PIQ_AUDIT: Changing Requirement Profile Types

I have been playing around with PIQ_AUDIT in SLCM 4.72, and am wondering if there is a way to change a requirement profile's type in a later version? Unless I am overlooking something, there is no way to change the type of a profile once it has been created with the app I am using.

We will likely want to do this, because we essentially have a two-tier authorization structure, where various academic advisors can create unofficial, "advisor-proposed" profiles ("course plans" or "authorizations for majors/minors/degree programs" in my university's jargon), but then must submit these to a second tier of authority for official approval. It would be good if the second tier could review profiles created by the first tier, and then change their types to "officially-approved" (which would have the "Official" flag set) if desired.

(Ideally, we would probably like to use workflow to automate the submission for approval, and approval/rejection, etc.... I haven't studied workflow yet, so I don't know whether this is feasible or not. Any comments about the feasibility would be appreciated.)

P.S. Also, any chance for improved Firefox 2 support? My version of PIQ_AUDIT hangs when I try to use it from Firefox 2. This has forced me to use IE for testing. I understand that this may not be a PIQ_AUDIT-specific issue, and may have to do with the other components it relies on....

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question