SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIQ_AUDIT: Changing Requirement Profile Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been playing around with PIQ_AUDIT in SLCM 4.72, and am wondering if there is a way to change a requirement profile's type in a later version? Unless I am overlooking something, there is no way to change the type of a profile once it has been created with the app I am using.

We will likely want to do this, because we essentially have a two-tier authorization structure, where various academic advisors can create unofficial, "advisor-proposed" profiles ("course plans" or "authorizations for majors/minors/degree programs" in my university's jargon), but then must submit these to a second tier of authority for official approval. It would be good if the second tier could review profiles created by the first tier, and then change their types to "officially-approved" (which would have the "Official" flag set) if desired.

(Ideally, we would probably like to use workflow to automate the submission for approval, and approval/rejection, etc.... I haven't studied workflow yet, so I don't know whether this is feasible or not. Any comments about the feasibility would be appreciated.)

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. Also, any chance for improved Firefox 2 support? My version of PIQ_AUDIT hangs when I try to use it from Firefox 2. This has forced me to use IE for testing. I understand that this may not be a PIQ_AUDIT-specific issue, and may have to do with the other components it relies on....

2 REPLIES 2

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

the requirement profile type is essentially used to define the purpose of the audit. It is not a status. Thus it should not be changed and the system does not support a change.

I'm not sure whether the functionality was already available in 4.72, but today there is a "completed" flag on the profile which requires particular authorization to be checked.

However there is (also in 4.72) a functionality to eventually support the process you are looking for - the assessment process for graduation. You can associate an audit with an assessment process which allows you to step through various steps from applying to graduation, an initial audit, the admission to the graduation process, ... . You can create customer status as you like, automate the transition based on audit run results etc.. In SLCM 6 you have even a specific additional graduation functionality linked into it.

The assessment process is a bit more than a workflow as it reflects the status of the process (since you need that for auditing the process). You could however link the assessment process with workflow controls to notify the different parties etc..

I hope that gives you some guidance... look at the assessment process and evaluate whether it supports what you are looking for.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any "completed" flag for the 4.72 app. But, if it is available in 6.0 (and has a corresponding action that can be placed in specific action groups), then I think that would be sufficient for our purposes. (I did notice that a profile could be locked/unlocked in the 4.72 app, and that might be a workable substitute....)

As far as the longer term picture goes, yes, we will probably want to look more closely at graduation audit. For now, we will be happy just to have a subset of that, namely degree audit. But, I will certainly look more closely at assessment processes, as you suggested.

Thanks.

Eric