Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Download problem - Urgent please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using 4.6C version.

The user is downloading the ALV output to excel from the output menu

List > Save > File > Spreadsheet >

User tried saving a file to the Local drive and got a "Disk is full" error.

User realized that the export didn't complete (Partial download)

because there wasn't enough disk space to export the report.

User stated that if he had received an error message of some sort, he might have realized the problem.

He didn't receive any kind of errors.

User would like some kind of error message to come up in those situations.

Without an error message, he assumes the reports are acurate and trusts them.

<b>I have analysied and found a exit EXIT_SAPLGRAP_001 which triggres after the popup asking the file path. However this exit doesnot give me the file path</b>.

After this i think i can make use of the class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES and method GET_FREE_SPACE_FOR_DRIVE and FILE_GET_SIZE to check for disk space full.

Kindly let me know how to get the file path given in the popup to get it in the exit EXIT_SAPLGRAP_001. Also there was no parameter id for the field.

Thanks for your help.

Senthil

4 REPLIES 4

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"User tried saving a file to the Local drive and <i>got a "Disk is full" error</i>.

He didn't receive any kind of errors."

???

0 Kudos

Eric,

He didn't receive any other error.

He uses this path to save List > Save > File > Spreadsheet >

However in this case the sap didnot uses GUI_DOWNLOAD to download instead it uses download FM.

User concern is that he did not receive an SAP error message to give me a heads up that the data was incomplete coz of Disk full.

Message was edited by:

senthil kumar

0 Kudos

Senthil,

"However in this case the sap didnot uses GUI_DOWNLOAD to download instead it uses download FM. "

What "download FM" is 4.6 using then?

The GUI_DOWNLOAD does check for a disk_full situation... I find it hard to believe that SAP made an oversight here.

I believe that the user is not telling the truth to you... or something else happened in that they have not conveyed to you.

0 Kudos

john,

I think you misunderstood.

The Function Module name is simply "DOWNLOAD". The standard SAP uses this one.

Message was edited by:

senthil kumar

Message was edited by:

senthil kumar