cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using named Search has constrainst on user roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a standard way to use named search as a constraint for a user role. There are constraints related to flat files and masks but I can't find any on Named search file. Anyone have an ide how to solve this?

Regards

John-Kjell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John-Kjell,

It seems like this feature is part of SP06:

"Roles may include constraints based on Named Searches"

- SAP MDM 5.5 SP06 Release Notes ( https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001124542007E )

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John,

Wat kind of constraints are u talking about.

Cud u be little specific..

Regards Tejas..................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

I use qualified fields to maintaine conditions. The qualifier i the validity area. I will show this information n the portal, but a user shall only be able to se own prices. I was thinking of using Named search as a costraint on a role.

I can "assign" masks to a role in MDM but not named searchs.

Do you understand what I am looking for?

regards John-Kjell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John,

Why dont u save a named search in Data Manager with whatever field ie. on prices field.

And then u configure the User having that role in the Config UI ie. make all the configurations for that user like whichever fields u want to show to that user and than while passing the url for search ui in that u specify the user and the named search in the url itself.

For eg:

http://localhost:50100/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?sap-locale=EN&HOOK_URL=&mask=&namedSearch=&username=Admin&pas...

In &namedsearch=<Specify the Named Search u saved>

and in &username=<Specify the user for which it is configured>

Try dis out

Regards Tejas................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tejas.

I know this will function for the MDM_SRM catalouge, but what I try to do is to use named searches on an article repsoitory. Then we porbably have customize a solution.

Regards John-Kjell