cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a web service from a wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a wsdl file. I want to create a web service which implement this wsdl ( not to create a web service client ).

Anyone konws how to do it?

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hui,

Lets get this to point, you <b>CANNOT</b> create a new web service from a wsdl, reason is that a wsdl is a definition file ( like an interface toa class). However, you can <b>implement</b> a new web service from that wsdl file. For more refer to the following link,

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#WSDL2JavaBuildingStubsSkeletonsAndDataTypesFromWSDL

So what i must suggest as a solution is for you to create a new EJB/Simple bean in a new project and then expose that as a web service, since you can covert the wsdl to some interfaces, you will have ti implement them and then you would be done. As simple as it sounds ( though a different way round):-)

Thanks,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Apache has provided one jar to get a command, WsdltoJava. keeping that jar on you classpath,if you will run the command, you will get .class file for Request and Response Object of your WSDL.you need to Deconpile the class file and chcek what are the input and output paramter.Now create the Java class and SQL to handle your processing.

Hope this help you

regards,

Mithileshwar Sahu

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hui Wang,

If you want to create Web Service with this wsdl, i am thinking first you need to create Proxy (Client) in your EJB. Then you can create web service with this EJB.

Will it possible to access Service without creating client?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Sridhar