cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Orders at MRP Area level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant A has two MRP Areas (say 0001 and 0002) of type Storage Location. Plant B receives material from Plant A on Stock Transfer. At Plant A, MRP Area 0001 receives material from Plant C and MRP Area 0002 receives material from Plant D

We maintain Special Procurement Types in the respective MRP Area. When we run MRP at Plant B, PR is getting created. PR is then converted to PO. This PO is visible at the Plant A level in MD04. However, we need this PO to be visible under the respective MRP Area to execute MRP at MRP Area level.

Is there a standard way to handle this? (other than creating 2 different Plants instead of MRP Areas)

Thanks.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

i hope your having receiving plant is B, and Issuing plant is A which has two MRP area(0001,0002). when u run the MRP at planning plant (B), u will get purchase requistion (let say B-PR)as per demand ( if no stock) at plant B and PR release and Purchase requistion at plant A level(let say A-PR).

your problem will be solved, if PR of Plant A (A-PR) is assined at MRP area level (0001)

I hope u have created storage location MRP area in Plant A, please check with "<b>receiving storage location</b>" defined at define MRP area.

if u assign the same <b>"receiving stor loca</b>tion" at PR of plant A (A-PR) that PR will be automatically assigned to MRP area from Plant area. Now u can convert it to PO.

Please try and come back

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The problem is 'B-PR Release' appears at Plant A level and not at 'Plant A MRP Area' level. This is because 'B-PR Release' does not have 'Plant A Supplying SLoc'. Since B-PR Release does not flow to the respective MRP Area in Plant A, am not able to carry out MRP at MRP Area level.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is not clear that plant B has storage location MRP? If not then special procurement key is at plant level and it is directing the material movement from plant level and not from MRP are level.

C<--0001 A<-MRP <-----B

D<--002 A<MRP <-----B

Hence you cannot see the requirement @ MRP area level. If you can assign a storage location in PO...then yes you can see the details in MRP area

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

Plant B has only one Storage Location. Hence MRP is at the Plant level itself.

I did think of getting Storage Location of the Supplying Plant in the Receiving Plant's PO. But am not able to find SLoc Field i the PO, but only the Supplying Plant Number. Is there a way to add it in the PO?

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Std SAP system in PO you can find storage location..pl check

it is next to plant field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

The SLoc in Receiving Plant's PO is that of the Receiving Plant itself and not of the Supplying Plant. I need a way to mention Supplying Plant's SLoc in the Receiving Plant PO. Only then this requirement will flow to the MRP Area of the Supplying Plant.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Did you follow the steps in customizing ?

1. Convert the Planning file entries for MRP AREAs.

2. Activate MRP for MRP areas.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, both settings for MRP Area has been done.

Raj