cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 windows within 1 loop (Smartform)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am passing a table from my print program to the smartform and want 1 Main window and a Secondary window at the bottom of the page. I want the Secondary window to have a static height and want to loop on my table feeding the fields into both windows - is this possible? Thanks,

Jim

Addendum : Maybe I can explain it better...

I'm printing on a sheet where the address must be on the bottom of the page. I'm passing 2 tables thru the smartform function. 1 - all employees, 2 - all dependents of each employee. The number of dependents are obviously dynamic depending on the employee. On each page, I need the header, information on the employee followed by the dependents and at the bottom, the address with the employee's mailing address (passed thru the 1st table). I need to loop on the dependent table nested within a loop on the employee table while still printing the employee address at the bottom (based on the employee table loop). Is this possible?

Message was edited by:

James Barnes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I got the same problem right now. Can you please tell me how you fixed yours? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyreen,

What I did was use the Form Painter and created the Footer (Address) as a Secondary Window, the Main Window stayed as it is. I then passed both tables, the Employees as an Export parameter and the Dependents as a Table parameter. I then looped on the Employee table using the Table Painter and created a loop node after the table layout for the Dependents of each Employee. The Employee information was passed to the Address Secondary window by way of passing it thru the Export parameter of the Smartform function. Please reward with points if this answers your question - if not, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the fix myself - thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

in main window create one table by right clicking on main window . and TABLE

we have 3 sections HEADER BODY AND FOOTER.here header adn footer are constant size adn body size increases dynamically,so ,give address in footer by creating text nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this does not solve the problem since the Footer has to be in a fixed position at the bottom of the page with a fixed height and not affected by the Body of the table.