cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget avail. control not functioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have three level WBS elements hierarchy in a project (PS). I made all relevant settings in budget profile - defined tolerance as 90% with warning messege - Budget put in cj30 - Budget released in cj32

Inspite of having 'AVAC' (Availability control active) status on all WBS elements, system does not send error message when assigned value crosses Budget figures.

COFC component is listed in Control table TRWCI/CA.

What could have gone missing?

Thanks,

Mohan Parab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

As laxmi said - u have to maintain setting of the availability control actiion that not to cross ur budget limits based on the percentage mentioned in the Define tolerance limits.

When the budget reached the limits - Options are there to warn( action:1) , trigger

mail to the responsible person (2) and to give error(3) which will not allow to post the actual cost against the budget.

based on the scenario -supplement the budget - release the budget - to allow/post the actuals.

ENJOY SAP PS.

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the answers.

I had set the option (3) but there was tick missing in the check box for 'Object currency' in budget profile. now it has strated issuing error but since i have opted for Error to issue at PR level, it checks only for commitment cost for services & not for material reservation which is at plant level (Inventory) & not for the project.

If anyone got idea about this can help me out.

Mohan Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the activity cost is not getting assigned to WBS. Check in TCode: OPSV, whether both check boxes are ticked for order category 20 ie network.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

The boxes already have tick activated.

Since the system controls on commitement cost, the service PR value is checked. but for material reservations, the PRs & POs are generated at plant level & not for the project. The plan values created for Material reservations are shown in RemOrdplan untill we issue the matrial to the reservation & thats how the budget control is surpassed.

Is there any option in tolerance limit - activity group, by putting that we can exercise control on assiged values that includes RemOrdplan also.

Regards,

Mohan Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I think the system is behaving correctly. I can analyse the issue as follows:

1. In case of PR at plant level, we are not sure where we will be using ie issuing that material. This is bcoz, the material will come in plant stock, from where you can issue it to the same or any other project. Hence it will not be correct if you reserve the budget in a particular project as the material may be issued to some other project.

So I suggest to add one more tolearance limit for Issue.

2. Also I can forsee one more problem which may come in your case. If someone prepares PO without PR for WBS, again the budget will be bypassed. It is true that there will be check at issue (if you maintain limit as discussed in point 1). But if someone prepares PO and doesnt issue then budget will remain reserved unnecessarily.

There may be some other such scenarios which we are unaware of, so I suggest to maintain tolerance limit for 'all activity types', if you can. This will ensure complete control over budget check.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

Material reservations do not create commitment values (see note 91036) and hence do not contribute to the assigned value neither in availability control nor in PS reporting.

In case of valuated project stock, plan values of assigned networks do not contribute to the availability control assigned value of the project. See note 178837.

Hope tis helps

Best regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your query solved?

Please reward points if helpful.

Regards

Message was edited by:

Shrikant Rakate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friend,

Could not reply you as I was trying some other options. Any ways, the budget control has activated but we need to watch it's performance in different complex scenarios...

Warm Regrads,

Mohan Parab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are using release functionality, you must tick the release check box in Budget profile. If you havent done it, tick the box and run reconstruct availability control, TC: CJBN.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SPRO>Project Systems>Costs>Budget> Define Tolerance Limits. If you want error message to be sent, go to your profile, for 'Act' column and change the value to 3.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you mentioned a person responsible on the WBS which you are referring to?

Regards

Sreenivas