Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM02 - Lock button "Additional data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a possibility to lock the button "additional data" in the transaction MM02? I searched for the relevant authorization object, but I did not find a solution.

Further more I need to know, if there is a possibility to lock the Material Description (Short Text) field against changes ( the rest of the basis data should be changable.

Hope you can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

no to both if you want to act in SAP standard.

as for enhancements, you might want to check for BADIs or EXITs to verify/change data either online or at posting.

short text/material description: please consider that those texts are sometimes changed using BDC, LSMW, MASS. locking the field against any changes might not be so bright an idea then ...

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

no to both if you want to act in SAP standard.

as for enhancements, you might want to check for BADIs or EXITs to verify/change data either online or at posting.

short text/material description: please consider that those texts are sometimes changed using BDC, LSMW, MASS. locking the field against any changes might not be so bright an idea then ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use transaction variants (tx SHD0) to achieve this if you can't find an alternative solution. There is comprehensive info in the F1 help for the transaction

0 Kudos

hmm thanks a lot for the several possibilities..

we will check the realization