SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

module booking capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today i got a message from Postech that when module booking is meet maximum capacity we can use message override but in this case link between student and event is not created.

it is standard error or do we have any customizing for this.

regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

Capacity of module is different from event.

Module is a long term object and event is short-term object . For Eg : Every event need not to have the same capacity as the module . While creating events it takes from the templates capacity .

Can u be bit clearer on this statement ?

<b>in this case link between student and event is not created.</b>

Regards

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

Capacity of module is different from event.

Module is a long term object and event is short-term object . For Eg : Every event need not to have the same capacity as the module . While creating events it takes from the templates capacity .

Can u be bit clearer on this statement ?

<b>in this case link between student and event is not created.</b>

Regards

Gajalakshmi

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin Dal,

Capacity is checked on various levels as mentioned in the previous response. The override from Student Lifecycle Management allows with authorization to override module and event package capacity messages. The maximum event capacity (which is either maximum capacity defined through the event itself or by the maximum capacity of the room) could not be exceeded. It could be that in your case the message log shows capacity exceeded limits for both the module and the event. The message log probably shows one being overridable and the other one not. If you then override the system executes the module booking activity, however could not execute the event booking. Then of course no event booking is created.

You may be able to resolve this by changing the event capacities appropriately.

The nice feature of dealing with capacity on all levels is the ability to share events accross various contexts. However this imposes that there is a seperate capacity management on this level.

Regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joachim

thanks for yoyr quick answer and here is some more detail.

I found out following things.

ST->SM->SE->E : 3 Items

ST -> E : 2 Items

i think ST-> E must be same as ST->SM->SE-E

this case happens when i override E capacity message and student is booked to event but ST -> E is not created. it means total booked student count could be wrong. Am i right.

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Hi Jin Dal,

I'm not sure whether I understood completely what you are trying to say. My suggestion is that in case you think there are inconsistencies, you should raise an OSS message. This needs to be checked in your system and we could spent a lot of time here not efficiently in the forum to figure out what excactly has happened.

Indeed the coupling between bookings on the SM/ SE and the E level is not strict. However you might be right that if something fails on one level the other level shouldn't be booked. However override may change the situation...

Regards

Joachim