cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yesterday i posted a query about how to capture the Logon ID which was entered in the portal and the answer I got was helpful.

Now I have another scenario, Lets forget about SSO. Lets assume there are multiple users who are mapped to a single SAP user ID in the portal administration. How can I get the User ID.

For example

MARK

STEPHEN

ANDREW

all mapped to one SAP user ID say SAPUSER.

Now I need to capture Mark or Stephen or Andrew value in my web dynpro application and not SAPUSER.

Can anyone suggest, please. Quick reponse will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vivek.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just add another parameter to your handledefault method of your window, lets say "userid".

Now add in your iview-properties the following for "application parameters":

userid=<User.LogonUid>

That should do the trick.

In your WD the parameter userid contains the logon-id of the portal user.

Good luck!

Jos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JOs,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please eloborate. Im new to dynpro ABAP development so im not sure what this application parameter is all about

-Vivek.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

OOPs I got it Jos..Let me see if it is working..Sorry for asking a silly question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos,

Im not getting the value. In the output i get '<User.LogonUid>'. Maybe i declared it in a wrong way in the application parameters. Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Strange that this didn't give the Portal Logonid.

Please try <User.UserId> instead of <User.LogonUid>.

If this doesn't work either, send me an email and i will forward you some screenshots.

Ok, a short resumé:

1. In your portal iview add the following to your application parameter property:

userid=<User.UserId>

(or <User.LogonUid> they both should give the same result)

2. In your WebDynpro add the parameter "userid" in the method HANDLEDEFAULT of your Window.

This should give you the portal userid.

Please let me know if it worked!

Jos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jos..Im checking it..I will let u know once it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos,

Thanks alot..It worked..

-Vivek.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos

I've tried following your suggestion above, but I can't get it to work. What data type should I use for the userid parameter in the handledefault method? Is this perhaps the issue?

I've configured the iView as per the instructions.

Thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry... my mistake.

I was adding the parameters to "Parameters to forward to Web Dynpro" instead of "Application Parameters".

Works perfectly now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Ok, so I'm very new to WD4A so forgive me for asking this question in advance. I also needed to get the Portal User ID. I've made the changes as described in this post. I added the line to application paramaters and also entered the userid paramater to the HANDLEDEFAULT method with an associated type of "STRING" belonging to my Window.

Now, my question is, how would I get the userid to populate in a textview element on my default view. I already created the textview and called it User ID. So what do I bind the text to so that it shows the Portal User ID within the actual application?

Regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos,

My webDynpro application get the Portal user ID when portal iveiw is previewed. But when we try from the portal link (quick link) the value of portal user ID comes as empty to back-end Webdynpro application.

We are using Window login credentials mechanism for authentication. Can you please tell me what we are missing here.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also trying to achieve the same but some how it seem the portal user id is not being fetched.

Can you please help me with below query:

1. what will be the type of Parameter in the method HANDLEDEFAULT of  Window ?