cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation of SAP GUI 640 Patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to know that is it possible to apply directly Patch for SAP GUI 640 from Patchlevel 18 to Patchlevel 28 and if it is possible than how to apply it on the Application Server and on to Clients.And if it is not possible then please mention the procedure to move further.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Thakkar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly patch level 28 for gui640.

To apply it to application servers and other clients you need to set up a GUI server and can push the upgradation from there to all the clients.Pl go thru the detailed documentation relating to installation of GUI.

Download it from https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000614745&;

Pl award suitably

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on the installation server, run program SAPADMIN, then apply this patch on top.

depending on the settings you have setup on workstation, this patch will be applied within the next 10 SAPGUI restarts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for replying.I wanted to know whether I can apply SAP GUI 640 Patchlevel 28 directly as my recent Patchlevel for SAP GUI 640 is Patchlevel 18.

Regards,

Ashish Thakkar.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can go directly to latest patch.

also please read https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crphelp#posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

As you have said on the installation server, run program SAPADMIN, then apply this patch on top.But I am not able to find the program SAPADMIN on the Installation Server so can you please suggest me where to find SAPADMIN program on Installation Server and if this program is not there from where I can get this SAPADMIN program(Is this program also incldes SAPADMIN.exe ?).

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Thakkar.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on the installation server, program sapadmin.exe is in the SETUP directory.