cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with a file to idoc scenario.

The mapping is done by an XSLT mapping.

We received from external partner a file , XI picks this file up (ftp) and post it via idoc to R/3.

Now the problem is that the last time there are duplicate idocs with the same po number. So to explain me : our client send an order with his order number in our R/3 system we find multiple idocs with the same order number? How can we avoid that. Where should we integrate a duplicate check and how.

How can we monitor this

Kind regards

Gwen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gwen.

one more advice to suppress the duplicate idoc

collect all outbound IDocs in the sending system and to dispatch IDocs using ABAP RSEOUT00. This will assure that only one dialog process in the receiving system is consumed at a time.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gwen

1. PO number can be generated either by internal range or by external range. External range is the number what we give in ME21 or Me21n for creating PO. Internal numbers are created authomatically by the system. If the PO numbers are geting duplicated check the previous idocs. Note that duplicate PO cannot be created in R3 but the entries can be ovewritten

2. check the payloads and see if the file is having unique PO numbers. Maybe the same file is reconsidered during the transfer

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen,

you can check the order number only in R/3. So i would use the IDoc acknowledgements to inform the sender about that double order numbers. For that task you would need assumedly a BP.

If your target is to have only successful processed IDocs than you must implement a look up from the mapping and check for order numbers. Of course you can delete double entries in mapping, but anyway existing order number could be used.

Regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

our client sends only once the message , this means that we only receive one file with the same order number, the duplicate of creating the idoc is or inside xi or between xi and R/3

I've already change the poll interval but that doesn't do the trick.

Mapping is an XSLT mapping .

Regards

Gwen

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gwen

U mean IDOC number ,say 20090, is duplicated...meaning two entires of 20090 in R3 or it is just the contents of 20090 is duplicated in 20010 idoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen,

Do you have DELETE option in communication channel configuration?

if not then do the change.

This might be due to broken communication channel.

for your reference

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bd6f69a-0701-0010-a88b-adb...

*PS:Reward points if useful*

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No we have archive in our communication channel.

Do you think delete will solve our problem?

regards

Gwen

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Collect the idoc on time frame and check the duplicated in mapping

2. in r3 before posting of idoc (in user exit) check if the PO already exists for the same data. If yes u can stop it from posting the PO