SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anticipated graduation in Student File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encounter interesting behavior in Student File with anticipated graduation ("General data" tab). My key date by default is set to January 1, 1900 everywhere in Student File. However, whenever I add the anticipated graduation date for a student and save it, the main display screen stays empty. The display updates only when I explicitly change the key date to today's date.

It looks to be a bug.

My guess is that the system enters anticipated graduation always using today's key date and ignores my default key date.

We use NetWeaver 2004s, all latest support packages applied.

Janek

5 REPLIES 5

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

unless your student started at the university at or before January 1, 1900 the anticipated graduation date of the student at January 1, 1900 didn't existed ... Anyway the current behaviour is indeed to maintain the anticipated graduation date manually with the start date of the day where you maintain the record.

What would be your use case to expect another behaviour? In general using a key date January 1, 1900 in the student file may not really makes sense as default.

Best regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

I stated the reasons for Jan. 1, 1900 key date in my another post - to avoid confusion/conflicts when editing data, especially in Student Master Data.

However, when I pass anticipated graduation date (e.g. Fall 2008) through HRIQ_RFC_AGD_SET remote function call with beginning/ending dates set as Jan 1, 1900 and Dec. 31, 9999 respectively, it works correctly - data is displayed no matter what is the key date.

Sorry, guys, it's still a bug - it ignores any key date and uses "today" Even if the key date is set to today by default, why, if I enter the anticipated graduation date on Nov 21, 2007, I can't see it when I change the key date back to Nov 20, 2007? What's so special about "today" as the entry date? It carries no meaning.

The system should pick the key date I specified and use it for setting the validity range, right? That's consistent behavior in all other areas that use the key date.

Janek

0 Kudos

Hi Janek,

if you think it is a bug, report it via OSS. Actually the typical use case is that the AGD is set through the system and only edited in the student file - that's why this has probably not being explored by many people up to now. The RFC actually has the purpose to allow through reports, in the registration followup activities or via a self-service to set the AGD.

Probably this is one area where your concept of setting a default key date to January 1, 1900 fails. You will also recognize that some other data (specialization bookings, progression results, ...) records will not be valid in the past. Also the study object where the AGD as well as other data is associated to, usually inherits the begin date of the program of study. And the program is not necessarily valid from the very beginning.

Joachim

0 Kudos

OK. Thanks for the explanations.

Janek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janek ,

Key date----

> set as Today's date and save . You dont want to do explicitly everytime .

When you give a anticipated graduation date ,,,,its in future rite and why you first in case want to use the past date which is really meaningless .

Regards

Gajalakshmi