cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc-XI-POS (Triversity) scenario - new in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP XI and I have a scenario wherein I have to send message to SAP Triversity (POS which excepts CSV files) from R/3. Can anyone please guide me with the entire process starting from configuring the systems - R/3 sender, XI (SLD, IR, ID) and Triversity?

Also my scenario involves collecting data from more than one Idoc and put it in one file and send across to Triversity. How can that be done?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the weblog:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters --> For Idoc sender: IDOC -file

Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Collection of Multiple type IDOCs in BPM By Pooja Pandey

Collecting IDocs without using BPM By Stefan grube's

IDOC configuration :

This is expalined both the scenarios:

Please follow the below process for configuration:

Pre-requisites for Inbound IDoc to R/3 from PI:

Configuration required at Xi side:

Go to IDX1: configure the port.

Go to IDX2: load the DOC metadata.

Go to SM59: Create RFC destination which points to R3 system this is require in the case where your IDOC is sent to R 3 system,

Configiration required at R3 side:

Maintain Logical System for PI (SALE transaction):

Maintain Partner Profile for XI system(WE20):

Pre-requisites for Outbound IDoc from R/3 to PI:

Configurations required in R/3:

Maintain Logical System (SALE)

Define RFC Destination (SM59) which points to PI system

Maintain Port (WE21)

Maintain partner profile. (WE20):

Maintain Distribution Model (BD64):

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Yash,

i think 1 st ans u got . for second ques.

Also my scenario involves collecting data from more than one Idoc and put it in one file and send across to Triversity. How can that be done?

try this blog : this is as your req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

Welcome to forum!!!

In addition u can go thor' this step by step approatch for Idoc to File scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yash,

>>I have to send message to SAP Triversity (POS which excepts CSV files) from R/3.

for this configure file receiver adapter and use idoc adapter at sender side.

refer this:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

in file receiver u need to convert xml to csv file. for this use file content conversion. for this refer:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

>>configuring the systems - R/3 sender...

for sending idoc to xi u need to do these settings in r/3

1. SM 59 (RFC destinations)

Create a RFC destination pointing to the XI server. The connection type should be R/3 connection.

2. WE 21

Create a transactional port. Provide the RFC destination created in this.

3. BD 54

Create a logical system.

4. WE 20 (Partner Profiles)

Create a new partner profile under partner type LS.

Also need to do this on XI server.

1. SM59 (RFC destination)

Configure the RFC destination pointing to the R/3 system.

2. IDX1 : create port here.

Create a port and provide the RFC destination.

To test from r/3:

WE19 :push the idoc in xi through trfc port.

also refer:

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi - ALE settings for R3-XI

>>Also my scenario involves collecting data from more than one Idoc ...

for this refer:

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

Thanks for the detailed explaination. I was going thru the various blogs which you have suggested and in the blog where it explains how to collect different IDOCS using BPM, i have a few doubts.

How we we actually do the steps 4 (message mapping to convert IDOCS into abstract type) and 5 (interface mapping)? i mean what kind of mapping is required here?

Can you explain this to me on my email at yash.vase@gmail.com?

Thanks,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yash,

as this is an open forum i wud like to explain all the concepts here itself so that they are helpful to others also. hope u appriciate it.

>>How we we actually do the steps 4

here step 4 describes the mappings. the mappings for idoc outbound to idoc abstract depends on ur scenario. if u have to pass same structure to BPM u may not need this. therefore u will create abstrct interfaces having same message type as ur outbound idocs.

but this step also talks abt very imp N:1 mapping that is necessary which will be used in BPM step transformation.

if u r new to N:1 mapping refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

and

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

>>i mean what kind of mapping is required here?

multi mapping is required.

[reward points for helpful answers]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larika,

Your explaination has been of help to me. Actually I have just started working on it straight from my training and I am the only guy on XI here. so I having a bit of a problem. At present I am preparing a proof of concept sort of document and your help has really allowed me to understand the situation in a better way. If you dont mind, can I disturb you again if I have more doubts when I actually try to implement it. Probably i will send you a document explaining my scenario in details and then I will post it here in SDN too with the complete solution for others to get out of it.

Thanks once again (I have rewarded points to you)

Yash