Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize ESS..NWDI info reqd.

justin_kemp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using EP 7.0 with ECC 6.0 and ESS 1.0.

The applications are working fine. now i want to customize some of the applications say..Bank Info.

I searched the forum and found it can be done using NWDI. I am aware of NWDS but not NWDI.

will request someone to update me on this.

If this required some seperate installation, what all files need to be downloaded and from where?

And how to open the package ESS 1.0 in it to customize it.

regards

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Brief info about NWDI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_Netweaver_Development_Infrastructure_(NWDI) for more go through this forum

You need to install NWDI separately for this you need download the files from SAP marketplace matching to your version.I think you can get the required .SCA files from SAP market place.

Then you need to create tracks and compartments. Open Development Infrastructure perspective.Then you are able to create a project from your ESS track into your NWDS(For this you need to create an activity). And then do the modifications you want. Then Check-in, Activate and transport the activity to the server.

regards,

Siva

justin_kemp
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the info.

Can you also tell me how to transport the ESS WD iviews from DEV system to QA system.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to create a transport package(.EPA).

<b>Create </b>

Open System Administration -> Transport -> Transport Packages -> Export.

In Portal catalog browse to your folder create new package. In the end open Object for editing.

<b>Fill Transport Package with Content:</b>

You can add entire folder or individual objects to this. In the Portal Catalog, click on the object with the secondary mouse button and choose <i>Add <Object> to Transport Package</i> and Save.

<b>Export </b>

Choose <i>Export </i>to go to the Export Preview page.

You can search for a subdirectory on the server using <i>Browse</i>

Choose <i>Start Export.</i>

The NetWeaver Administrator imports this to QA System and deploy it.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,

Siva

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can let this be done by the NWDI.

The Admin has to enter the SDM password and the necessary URL in the NWDI.

There is a workflow of approval possible through NWDI Roles.

Be warned that if you connect the NWDI to the Portal, that this component (e.g. ESS) in NWDI will then be deployed in the Portal and all future updates need to be done through the NWDI. This will be shown in the System infos; the ESS Component will have the Instance No of the NWDI instead of "SAP".

You could also just give the EAR File to you Admin and he/she will delpoy it for you.

Regards,

Kai