cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myself source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can somebody teach me how does the Myself source system gets the data from?

We are using Myself source system? I am wondering how the data is extracted?

From Xi or geneic extraction.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Bw the data will be stored in the tables once u activate the DSO it will creates the DS which prefix 8 to that DSO technical name...

In Bw also we have delta queu... It will fetch the data from the specified Cube or DSO tables....

Myself Source system is nothing but from the BW itself...

Khaja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

myself source system-- is by default created at the time of installation. You needn't create it separately. Data loading from one target to another takes place using myself source system. Source System R/3 > BW ODS > BW ODS/CUBE > BW CUBE The Export Datasource is created in the BW System (then the R/3 System) and you can do this by right clicking on the ODS or CUBE and select the Option Generate Export Datasource. Create Infopackage and assign to Process Chain in the normal manner. Datamart is called Myself datasource. A system will act source for that itself. Ex: if we load a cube or ods from another ods or cube, those source ods or cube called myself datasources. in this case bw itself acting source for itself. to createa a Myself datasource, Go to the source ods or cube, right click there and choose option 'Generate Export Datasource' Then in RSA1 goto Datamart tab, there youwill find your datasource with name 8odsname.

Myself source system are created when you first time opens the RSA1 transaction so it is already created. But by default it will not maintain any System settings or User settings in the RFC connection. If you go to ransaction RSA1 then you can find that a RFC estination to myself source system already exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

My question is :

If data is in Base ODS or PSA with source system as Myself then how does it get data?What is extraction method its using(I can see its using service API,but not sure of exact method)

What are tables or ways of extracting data if its bottom layer of architecture?