Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maint. generator : Field Labels not coming up

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I generated a Table Maint generator for a ZTABLE , the problem is :

For Columns/Fields not having data element connected

no label comes up instead a + sign is there

now i know how to manually correct this by modifying the func grp screen but i believe there is an automatic way out to this apart form attaching the Data elements to all the fields.

If some body can help ,this is urgent

Thanks,

Sachin Soni

6 REPLIES 6

former_member15255
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Labels to appear in the column go to the data element screen in that select the "Field Label" tab enter the required label in the provided text boxes called "Short" "Medium" etc. and activate it Now check the table maintainance generator

regards

Suresh

0 Kudos

hi suresh,

thx a lot for replying but i think u didnt read my thread completely :

For Columns/Fields not having data element connected : which means i do not have data element for all the fields cauz i do not need it actually .i have 40 fields in the table so it's quite irritative job to manually put labels by going to the func grp.

see if you know some other way,

0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create any thing new. You go to your table maintainance screen i.e. in SE54 then double click on Screen No. it will take you to the flow loggic of table maintainace screen now you click on Layout. It shows you The layout which is displayed in Table maintaince. go to change mode if you are in display mode. and by double click on those text of fields, change the text in it's attribute.

this is one of the answers given in sdn .

But I recommend this is not the right way instead data elements would be the exact way becoz everytime you generate the table the changes done above would be lost.

Regards,

Narayani

0 Kudos

hi narayani ,

Thx for replying ,but these two options i'm already aware of your fisrt option is actually the manual one which i talked abt and the other one is with data elemnets the labels wud come. Do u knw any method by which the name of field instead of the data element comes as label.

see if u can help

0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can take the predefined data element rather than creating new ones, for

e.g for material you can take data element matnr and by default the label material would come.

WERKS_D for plant

if you use the predefined data types like char8 or INT4 then you will only get the lable like char8, INT4.

I hope this helps. This would save you the effort of creating new data elements for the fields where you dont need the exact names.

e.g if document number is needed as lable you can use a SAP standard data element. It would also save you the trouble of transporting these as it would be available in the production system.

Regards,

Narayani

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i preffered manual way cauz this was urgent