cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial no. Profile number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created an equipment category and defined a number range : 1000-1999,this category is assigned to Sr. no. Profile.This Sr. no. Profile is attached to the material master.When a Production Order is created for this material system should create Sr. no. belonging to this range like 1000,1001........,but system is generating Sr. no. like 1,2,3.....Kindly guide if I have missed some settings.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have to make settings in serial no. profile "extreq" check box checked

In the serialization procedure tab , you have to selct "04"atic.

Pl. try this.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YM,

I just tried your instructions,but due to this release is getting rejected as system is looking for Sr. no. already created in the System,but my aim is to generate sr. no. automatically based on the defined no. range.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you cannot create automatic serial number by your number range ,what Mr reddy has specified is Existing required ie before releasing your production order you should have create a serial number and assigned to the order.

hope you have cleared

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

serial number is internally proceed number , the number range you specified is for equipment only not for serial number.so for automaticng generation of serial number( by releasing production order) system will perform the numbering

regards

thyagarajan