cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing new Jco Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am configuring the SLD. I created the Jco, and while I clicked 'Test' , I am getting the below eror.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B

MSHOST=aprins05 GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=ID1 MSSERV=sapmsID1 PCS=1 ERROR <b>service 'sapmsID1' unknown</b>TIME Wed Nov 21 11:19:41

2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE nixxhsl.cpp LINE 776 DETAIL

NiHsLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown COUNTER 2

Note : I have added the parameter 'sapms<system name>' <portno>. to the services file.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

have u created the entry for ur server in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file?? u need to specify the ip address as well as system alias/name

regards

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar

This is looking to be a problem with your R/3 SID, check the SID and use the same in sapms<SID>

and then make an entry in <b>drivers\etc\services\sapms<SID> <Port Number>/tcp</b>

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My problem is solved. Thank you all.

We are using two host names, which look similar to each other.I made a small mistake in the host name in 'hosts' file. When I changed it, the JCos are working.

Thanks,

Prabhakar.