cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FJS-00003 TypeError: oracom.getSapdataHomeFromEnv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We installed ECC 6.0 on Solaris 9 and Oracle 10.2.0.2. When we install this component we have an error in Install DBA Tools phase. The error like this:

WARNING 2000-01-03 03:09:56

Execution of the command "/bin/csh -c "source /oracle/UZD/.cshrc; env"" finished with return code 1. Output: ?: Event not found?: Event not found

ERROR 2000-01-03 03:09:57

FJS-00003 TypeError: oracom.getSapdataHomeFromEnv() has no properties (in script NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 114571: ???)

ERROR 2000-01-03 03:09:57

FCO-00011 The step setLocalDefaultContextParameter with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraDbaTools|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|setLocalDefaultContextParameter was executed with status ERROR .

How can we resolve this error?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have encountered this twice in SAPinst (Solman installation and NW 7.40 installation). The exact SAPinst error message I got was oracom.getSapDataHomeFromEnv has no properties

And both time I solved it by doing following:

1. take a copy of "control.xml" located in /tmp/sapinst_instdir/..../.../.../ABAP/ (this path may be a bit different of course depending on what you are installing). Copy "control.xml" to "control.xml_ORG"

2. Search for the string below and remove the yellow marked. In Linux, gedit tool works fine.

context.set("sapdataHome",oracom.getSapdataHomeFromEnv().toStringOS());

so it looks like below after editing.

context.set("sapdataHome",oracom.getSapdataHome().toStringOS());

Save control.xml and restart SAPinst. Worked like a charm for me both times.

Hope it might help others.

Br //Pelle

0 Kudos

Hi Pelle Westerlund

Thank you very much, your solution works for me as well.

Regards,

Tilak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just encountered the same problem.

Stopping SAPINST and adding SAPDATA_HOME to root's environment didn't fix the problem.

But adding SAPDATA_HOME & ORACLE_HOME to orasid's environment did fix it.

It seems that these should already have been in place (by SAPINST),

but this error occurred on the Install DBA TOOLS step.

Evidently, the installer hasn't setup orasid's environment yet at this point.

Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop the installation , Set the enn parameter "SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/<SID> " for the root user and start the installation.

Sridhar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install Oracle before starting sapinst?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your environment variables SAPDATA_HOME and ORACLE_HOME.

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/<SID>

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<SID>/<oracle_version>