cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Module tab.. Mapping Names for modified Standard Msg types ? ? BIC ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Im using AS2 adapter for standard PO message type <b>orders.orders05</b>

and i thought of using the seeburger standard mapping name "<b>See_E2X_ORDERS_850</b>" in AS2 Module tab.

Now the problem is my client has extended the idoc to <b>orders.orders05./glb/orders</b> by adding few more fields in some of the segments.

Since we have modified the standard message type and i dont think the standard mapping name will work for this ?? im i correct??

If yes, i think we need to use BIC mapping tool and modify the standard xsd by importing and we need to create the new map ( ex:<b>map_E2X_Orders_Modified.xml</b>) ,generate the SDA file for this and we need to deploy SDA into XI.

And finally if we use the modified mapping name in our AS2 module tab.I think it will work????

Any suggestion or inputs we can approach in these kind of situations.

Thank you.

Regards

Seema.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AbinashNanda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

First of all I hope you are talking about inbound EDI file from which you need to create an IDOC message. If so.....

I am wondering what is stopping you from using the standard mapping. As you have stated the IDOC has been extended. The purpose of E2X mapping is to convert the standard EDI 850 in to an equivalent XML structure. It Seeburger mapping does not bother what is the target message structure which is in your case an extended IDOC.

Instead once the E2X mapping returns you the XML structure you can use a message mapping to map it to the desired output structure.

I hope I am clear here.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abinash,

Exactly..!!! Got the perfect answer.

So no need to touch BIC mapping tool in my case.. Since the modification happened only to Idoc std structure and not to the EDI 850.So i can use the same std Mapping name here as well.

So i can use the same std Mapping name in both the ways E2X and X2E.

Thanks a lot.Points rewarded.

Regards

Seema.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when the standard message type has been modified and the standard mapping name will work for this .

you need to use BIC mapping tool and modify the standard xsd by importing and we need to create the new map,generate the SDA file for this and deploy SDA into XI.

after that

1) CreateMappingXML to EDI

2) CreateMappingEDI to XML.

You need to use this mapping program and create your own mapping program for your own structure once it is created import it in BIC.

Now under the Mappings tab you can see your own mapping program which does the conversion to EDI to XML and XMP to EDI and you need to deploye this mapping on XI and call this mapping through adapter module.

Thanks

sudhir sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

<i>// when the standard message type has been modified and the standard mapping name will work for this.</i>

Contradicting again

We need to give the new mapping name whcih we have modified and tested in BIC.

and we need to deploye this mapping on XI and call this mapping through adapter module.??

Thanks.

-Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

If your question is answered then can you please close it.

Thnx

Chirag

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when the idoc is extended still u can use the mapping in IR. Have the current mapping as template and then reimport the idoc to accomadate the new fields for mapping. Once done u can use the mapping template and then map the other new fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Seema,

Since we have modified the standard message type and i dont think the standard mapping name will work for this ?? im i correct??

A) Yes the same mappping can not be used.

If yes, i think we need to use BIC mapping tool and modify the standard xsd by importing and we need to create the new map ( ex:map_E2X_Orders_Modified.xml) ,generate the SDA file for this and we need to deploy SDA into XI.

A) There are three mapping program which is provided by seeburger which is used for conversion.

1) Create XML message

2) CreateMappingXML to EDI

3) CreateMappingEDI to XML.

You need to use this mapping program and create your own mapping program for your own structure once it is created import it in BIC.

Now under the Mappings tab you can see your own mapping program which does the conversion to EDI to XML and XMP to EDI and you need to deploye this mapping on XI and call this mapping through adapter module.

I think I have already forwarded you the BIC pdf please refer the steps which are mentioned in that.

Do let me know if you need further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Nice to see you back in action

I will be doing the below steps in BIC.. and let me know if anything is wrong in this.

i will Create the Project name as <b>" Project_Orders_Modified"</b> in BIC tool

1) i will modify the std msg xsd in txt file and Under my project name i will import it under EDIFACT. Save it and i will export it and save it in folder as...

<b> msg_DT_Orders.xml</b>

2)i will create XML Message for this by giving

<b>

source : msg_DT_Orders.xml

Target : msg_XML_DT_orders.xml</b>

I will import it into My Project " Project_Orders_Modified"

3) I will create the CreateMappingEDI to XML by giving

<b>source : msg_DT_Orders.xml

Target : map_E2X_DT_orders.xml</b>

I will import it into My Project " Project_Orders_Modified"

Then I will run the map.. and checks if it is working fine.

If yes, i will import my mapping into Active mappings and i will generate SDA file and will deploy into XI .

Finally i will use the mapping name " <b>map_E2X_DT_orders</b> " in AS2 Module tab.

Let me know if anything wrong.

-Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Seema,

I think now you become a Seeburger expert.

Follow the steps which are given in BIC pdf. the steps you mentioned should be in sync with the BIC pdf and once done your target is achieved.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.