Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

AS2 Module tab.. Mapping Names for modified Standard Msg types ? ? BIC ??

HI All,

Im using AS2 adapter for standard PO message type <b>orders.orders05</b>

and i thought of using the seeburger standard mapping name "<b>See_E2X_ORDERS_850</b>" in AS2 Module tab.

Now the problem is my client has extended the idoc to <b>orders.orders05./glb/orders</b> by adding few more fields in some of the segments.

Since we have modified the standard message type and i dont think the standard mapping name will work for this ?? im i correct??

If yes, i think we need to use BIC mapping tool and modify the standard xsd by importing and we need to create the new map ( ex:<b>map_E2X_Orders_Modified.xml</b>) ,generate the SDA file for this and we need to deploy SDA into XI.

And finally if we use the modified mapping name in our AS2 module tab.I think it will work????

Any suggestion or inputs we can approach in these kind of situations.

Thank you.

Regards

Seema.

Former Member
replied

Hi Seema,

First of all I hope you are talking about inbound EDI file from which you need to create an IDOC message. If so.....

I am wondering what is stopping you from using the standard mapping. As you have stated the IDOC has been extended. The purpose of E2X mapping is to convert the standard EDI 850 in to an equivalent XML structure. It Seeburger mapping does not bother what is the target message structure which is in your case an extended IDOC.

Instead once the E2X mapping returns you the XML structure you can use a message mapping to map it to the desired output structure.

I hope I am clear here.

Thanks

Abinash

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question