cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic values from search help in Dropdown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

In normal R/3 Dynpro, when we make a drop down and point it to a data element that has a search help attached to it, the values for drop down come automatically.

Is there a similar functionality in WD for Abap? I know with Drop Down for key, we automatically get DOMAIN fixed values.

But I do not get search help values, and we have to code everything that is in search help ourselves.

Is there any easier way to do it if we need the drop down?

The problem becomes complex when the search help also has a search help exit. Then to code all those things becomes very complex.

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can reuse the

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3d/e53642e2a3ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">ABAP dictionary search help</a>

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Heidi.

I understand that the search help comes automatically.

But my query is: If the UI element is a drop down, and that drop down points to a DDIC field with a search help, can the values of the Drop down (by key) come automatically? Or automatic value for drop down in Web DYnpro is only for Fixed values of domain?

Thanks again.

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, automatic value for drop down in Web Dynpro is only for Fixed values of domain.

It would be interesting to have an option regarding automatic dropdown for domains with a Value Table.

Probably priority was given to the performances; as designed, WD doesn't transfer the entries of the foreign keys (Search Helps).

Sergio