cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xmii logic Editor broken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I can open the xmii Logic editor, when I click on the item in the XmII menu it prompts me to open or save the CMSLogicEditor.jsp instead of running it

It says "unknown file type"

there must be something worn with my configuration but everythign else works (including the Xmii menu which is also JSP)

Any ideas

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Your problem may require a reinstall of java - see SAP Notes #1030041 for instructions to reinstall Java and #1027407 which contains information relative to supported JRE versions. Version 1.4.2_13 is the recommended for the xMII server itself. I am assuming you are using 11.5 SR03, the latest version.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone

I re-installed Java and that seemed to work.

Hopefully this wont happen again.

I am using v1.4.2_10 which is the SOE environment I have to work with

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

this could also be an issue with your browser configuration. Check that your browser uses the javaws.exe program to handle .jnlp files (which the BLS editor is). I also suggest you check your Java plug-in/web start settings re. file associations...

Hope this helps,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think the problem is with the JVM configuration. Did you try launching other Java applications (viz dynamic graphics editor) and see if they are working fine or they are also having the same error.

I am getting one more idea about the rpoblem. I felt that you have cleared the JAVA cache(in line with my previous solution). So for the first time, it will ask you to save or open the aplication and after that it should work fine. You should open it and it will be stored in the JAVA cache memory. and from next time onwards, it will load the logic editor from cache itself.